Search

Blog Archive

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Moar Minecraft!

Hey guys, due to a lack of a release in EpicDuel(sorry guys, outdated sentence, they just released the fresh DNs), I've temporarily switched over to Minecraft, as it offers more excitement at the moment.
Well then, let's get started...

I've been working on the railroad...
I can't believe it took me so long to discover minecarts and railroad tracks.  Sure, I found tracks in Abandoned Mine Shafts, but exploring the shaft itself was so much more fun.
But one night (at least in Minecraft) I found another cave.  My first instinct was to explore it (and probably risk getting lost).  But then, I came up with something.  Why not put a railroad through it?  All the blocks were already removed.
So I started railroad work with just regular rails.  Since I had no idea what Detector and Powered Rails did (and I still don't understand what Detector does) I stuck to regular rails.  That put me at a disadvantage.
At the beginning of my track, on the surface, there's a line of track sloping down to give the minecart energy for the rest of the ride.  The rest of the track, underground, went well as long as the cave led downward.
The next day at school, I learned what a Powered Rail is.  When I got home that day, I started a new track-laying expedition in another cave, this time with the help of the Powered Rail.  I abandoned the project today, because some caves seem to go on forever, ya know?  But when it comes to collecting resources, I still prefer to send my logs down the river.

Where's the Welcome mat?
For the past few days, I've been working on a house.  It's relatively simple- the main building material is Wooden Planks.  It looks ugly, mainly because I am not an exterior designer.  I'm not sure on whether or not I should remove the windows, because my house in in a Superflat world and small slimes like to cram themselves into my glass panes, ruining any chance of an outside view I might have.  (If I had a view anyway, it would just be more Slimes, ha.)
The house resembles an apartment building.  It just goes straight up as I add more floors.  But for now, the first floor has the only door and the workshop.  The workshop consists of a couple of furnaces (why one when you can do four?) and a pool of water to cool heated stuff.  I would have put in lava like in NPC villages, but, you know, my house is highly flammable.  I even caught some fire once.  Luckily, I had some water.
My second floor is ruled by the animals.  The pets in this house, about ten dogs and half that many cats, are numerous.  You usually can't go up the stairs to the second floor without bumping into one.  And I swear, puppies born on the first floor always immediately jump up the stairs to the second.
When I was completing the second floor, I was placing some wooden planks on the wall when all of a sudden, I found a kitten and a puppy next to me on the wall.  That was when I learned about the sometimes unfortunate teleporting ability of tamed pets.  It's great if you're a nomad, always on the go.  It's horrible if you have a house that is not yet completed and that is located in a world full of Slimes.  So I make all my dogs and cats sit.  It seems to be working.
The second floor has a doghouse animal house and multiple chests, in which I put things.  There's the stairs leading up the roof, also.
On the roof, I have an assorted collection of chocolates farm animals who seem to have a gift for naturally reproducing.  I have a lone tower that I use for security lookouts (hint, hint: zombies).  I also have the bridge on my ceiling to the Snow Fort, but that's a whole other paragraph.
Now for the whole other paragraph.  But before I tell you one thing about my Snow Fort, I need to tell you about Snow Golems.
Snow Golems are made like this:
Pumpkin
Snow
Snow
Easy, right?  Oh yeah, you have to actually build it on the ground, like iron golems.  You don't need a crafting table for this.
So snow golems have next to no use, but it's good fun to watch them.  What they do is if they spot a hostile mob, they start chucking snowballs at it.  The snowballs normally deal no damage to mobs, but they push the mob back.  A line of snow golems surrounding your house is a good first line of defense.  However, what little pros snow golems have is rivaled by cons as well.
Snow golems have three hearts, so they don't have a lot of health to spare.  They will eventually melt, faster if they are in the desert.  Something that I found surprising is that if an Iron Golem accidentally gets in the way of fire and is hit by a snowball, the iron golem will slay the poor snow golem who threw the snowball.  Pity, or else I would have had an excellent defense system.
So back to my Snow Fort.  It's a creeper blast hole that I coated it with snow *to make the Snow Golems feel more like home*.  I designated it as the place where I would spawn my Snow Golems.  Since I also wanted Iron Golems, I put walls of snow.

I know this sounds abrupt, but guess what, this was a draft (several days old).  Well, guys, to be continued.
~ReconnaisX

No comments:

Post a Comment