Search

Blog Archive

Friday, November 23, 2012

EpicDuel- Thanksgiving Day Weapons- The Clubs

ED's Wednesday release was pretty rare.  Mid-week releases only happen when something needs to get done early.  Such as, in this case, the Thanksgiving day release.  After all, the normal release day is Friday and Thanksgiving this year was on a Thursday.  But anyway- these Thanksgiving weapons are an interesting cache.  One thing I would like to note, though- overabundance of strength.  Actually, another- this release had 18 weapons.  That's gotta be a record.  Also, 18 is a lot, so I probably will have to split this up  (lack of time, can't do all in one sitting).

Let's start with the Clubs:

Soul Squasher
I like the design of this club, in particular how the artists (I can smell AQW from this one) took the physical club, Squash, changed the color scheme (blue-purple is the universal energy color apparently), stuck in a skull, and called it another weapon.  That must of been one hell of a time crunch.

This club, and its brother, Squash, seem to be suited for the support crowd of Mercenaries.  After all, Soul Squasher offers a +6 to dexterity, a +9 to technology, and a +12 to support.  It's been a while since I saw a Support-themed weapon with +12.  Kind of high, but there are other highs here in this weapon cache.

The requirements are mehh.  40 Dexterity, in my opinion, is a bit high for a Support Mercenary.

Squash
I like the design of this weapon.  The artists over at AQW have taken the cornucopia and added the distinct flavor of AQW to it.  After all, I don't exactly feel Nightwraith's drawing style here- it's got to be someone else.

Anyhow, as I stated above, seems to be for the Support people out there.  The only stat change in Squash is that it offers physical damage as to the Soul Squasher's energy and that it offers +9 dex and +6 tech.  Oh, and 40 strength is a requirement.  Is this really intended to be for Support Mercenaries?  Doesn't seem like it.

~ReconnaisX
PS: Splitting this up into sections so I can feel like I actually get something done inbetween all my battles with the Heavy Mechachillid.

1 comment:

  1. 2 Blood Hawk Slayer swords; 2 Blood Hawk Battlegear mutating weapons We are also restocking Rabblefroth with the seasonal Thanksgiving rares. free membership

    ReplyDelete